Free School Meals and Pupil Premium additional funding
If you receive certain benefits, you can apply to a scheme called the Pupil Premium. This gives our school extra funding - up to £1300 per year, to help with your child’s education. Nursery children who are eligible for this Pupil Premium will also receive a free school meal.
we urge all new nursery and reception parents to apply if you qualify, using the forms at the bottom of this page.
the eligibility criteria is below:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, plus, from 19 April 2022, those with no recourse to public funds (subject to specified income and capital thresholds)
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get) at the time of your application. If your income goes above the threshold in the future, but you remain on Universal Credit, your child will remain eligible. If you applied before 1 April 2018 there was no household income threshold for Universal Credit claimants.