Sports Premium Funding
Primary schools receive specific government funding called the 'PE and Sport Premium' from the Department for Education. The funding aims to help improve the quality of PE teaching and sports opportunities in primary schools, to improve the health and well-being of children through engagement in a high quality PE sports and fitness curriculum.
South Camberley Primary and Nursery school will see an improvement in PE and sport provision against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting
healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for
whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
What we receive:
Schools receive a set payment, plus an additional £10 per pupil (in years 1 to 6).
South Camberley’s allocation for this year (2021-22) is expected £21,040
Please see Sports Premium 2021-22 document below to find out how we intend to spend the sports premium this year:
How we have spent the funding:
As a school we are accountable for how we will use this additional funding. Schools are required to publish online information regarding how they have used the premium and the impact it has made. We are very proud of our PE and sports provision at South Camberley.