This term we have launched a spelling bee competition across each phase. Children from Year 1 to 6 will be provided with a spelling list to learn as part of their home learning.
- All children will be tested in class during the week beginning 27th February 2023.
- Successful children will go through to the next round which will take place outside of the classroom on the week beginning 13th March 2023.
- The highest 10 spellers from each year group will then go forward to a live final for their phase which will take place during the week beginning 27th March 2023. Parents and careers of the finalists will be invited to attend.
- There will be a winning trophy for each phase.
- The reading ambassadors have introduced the competition to children:
Year 1 & 2 Common Exception Words
Year 3 & 4 Spellings
Year 5 & 6 Spellings