Battle of the Books
What is Battle of the Books?
- Battle of the Books is a reading initiative that we are relaunching across the whole of South Camberley Primary School.
- Each child will receive a bookmark that they will need to write their name and class on.
- Each bookmark has space for 20 stamps (infants) and 30 stamps (juniors).
- To receive a stamp, the children must read a book from the Recommended Reading List, complete a writing task and hand it to their teacher.
- There are a range of writing tasks for children to choose from below:
- Book review
- Character profile
- Alternative ending
- Write a blurb
- Describe a setting
- Draw and annotate a character with a detailed description
- Create a story map
- Create an alternative front cover
- Write the opening chapter of the sequel to the book
- These pieces of work will then be available for children to read as a recommendation.
- The children will then be awarded with a stamp on their bookmark.
- Once they have collected 20 stamps (infants) or 30 stamps (juniors) stamps they will receive a reading badge.
Let the Battle of the Books commence…