Our school has now closed for most children.
We are determined to help critical sector workers. Everyone else, please now only send your child to school if you have to, because your work is critical to the COVID-19 response. If you are able to keep your child at home, you should.
Work will be uploaded for pupils in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 to the pages on the right hand side.
Work for pupils in the Juniors (Years 3-6) will be set through Google Classroom. All pupils in Y3-6 have accessed Google Classroom and completed a demonstration lesson. Details for this can be found on the link to the right hand side.
- On a daily basis the school office will put work for the children to complete on the school website (Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2), and on Google Classrooms (Years 3-6). Please check this every day completing work given.
- Remember learning at home during closure can involve supplementing work set with practising skills already learnt, for example general reading, spelling and times tables. All children have access to TT Rockstars, Phonics play and Bug Club Reading. More details on our Online Learning page.
- They could even do some household jobs, thinking about the steps they took to do it and then write instructions for an alien on how to use the equipment, for example: hoovering, washing up, laying the table etc. Home help and learning in one! These provide great movement breaks.
- Picture News have made available their assemblies which can be used as discussion points for pupils - more details available on the Online Assemblies page.
- Try to build in an hour of activity or fresh air (if government guidance allows this), each day. It is important that children stick to routines as much as they can from Monday to Friday. The websites and virtual educational visits listed on yesterday’s letter provide opportunities for on-line learning and includes links for some daily physical activity, for example, Go Noodle, Cosmic Kids - Yoga or being active in the garden
- If school technology fails - ie the website- for whatever reason, then the learning opportunities shared in previous letters should support you until it was back up and running.
We suggest a daily timetable schedule such as:
--- Movement Break ---
--- Lunch and Movement Break---
13:00 -15:00 /15.15
Please see the document below for PE activities to assist with your children's physical development.