Handwriting is a demanding and complex skill which takes time to perfect. As a child progresses through primary school the requirement to write quickly, legibly and fluently increases considerably, as does the cost of being unable to do so.
Our policy aims are:
- For all pupils to develop a legible and fluent style of handwriting
- To promote a consistent letter shape and size
- To raise motivation and self-esteem
- To establish and maintain a high profile for handwriting and presentation skills
- For excellent handwriting habits to impact positively on the content of written work