Early Help Offer
At South Camberley, we are committed to supporting our community swiftly and effectively and to do this we have put together a package of early help support that can be accessed as soon as required.
Our offer is outlined below:
- If you require immediate support from school you can contact a member of the safeguarding team directly by email or phone. A member of the team with respond to you promptly and outline how we can assist with your challenge.
- We can offer a weekly coffee morning, open to all parents, on a drop-in and invite basis where a member of the safeguarding team will be present to answer any questions, support with any referrals or signpost you to any further resources or guidance. We also have a series of workshops, such as supporting challenging behaviour, run by the local Mental Health Support Team which take place throughout the year, so please do look out for these.
- Furthermore, we can support with referrals to Surrey Social Services and Barnados Early Help Team – who can support when times are challenging and in some cases offer a support worker who will visit the family home and act as a link between you and professional bodies.
- Every two weeks in our School Newsletter we include resources and links to important and useful guidance ranging from road safety to online safety to support families and highlight any useful information that may otherwise have been tricky to find.
- In school, children have access to our ‘Worry Monster’ system where they can express their worries and concerns privately and a teacher will talk to them and refer them to our SEMH lead if required.
If you are in doubt of these options or would like to speak to a member of the safeguarding team in how we can support you, please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of the team will get back to you.